What do to in the Easter holidays
Easter holidays are a great time to enjoy some new activities with family and friends and make the most of the long weekend and the beginning of Spring.
Easter is also the end of Lent, so if you have been avoiding meat, fish, eggs, cheese and dairy, the Easter holiday is also the time to enjoy good food and treats in celebration of the resurrection.
Some of these traditional activities may bring back memories of your childhood and may be a highlight in your family…or an opportunity to make new traditions!
- enjoy an Easter service at church followed by a lunch of roast lamb and mint sauce as a reminder of the Passover festival that Jesus celebrated with his disciples before he died.
- organise an Easter egg hunt for children to explore and enjoy finding hidden ‘treasures’.
- make an Easter basket or an Easter bonnet to bring some fun and colour to someone’s day!
- bake a healthy carrot cake or another Easter cake for everyone to enjoy.
- buy some Easter lillies, a reminder of purity and hope, and also the flower that is thought to have grown from the spot where Christ’s blood and tears fell in the Garden of Gethsemane after his betrayal.
And of course you can go to any one of the free Passion Plays happening around the UK in 2023. There are also Pasion Plays and Mystery Plays that happen at other times of the year so make sure to check back on our website for more information.